Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Why do people hate the cable company?


This cable company van comes by my house pretty much on a daily basis. I think the guy who drives this van thinks North Ravenswood is a pretty nondescript and quiet street. He parks the van here for anywhere between 2 and 6 hours, 3 or 4 days a week. Today, you can see from the photo above, he strung a new cable from the overhead wires to his van. I guess he wants to catch all the Animal Planet reruns today. Oh, you've gathered that I'm inplying he's goofing-off on the job? I've walked by the van to satisfy my curiosity on several occasions. I've seen him sleeping and reading a book. Sometimes I can't see the guy ~ I can only guess what he's doing in the back of the van. What's worse is that the van is running all day; you can't sit in that van all day on a day like today. In summer, the A/C is running full blast.

If you know anyone in the media, please forward this post. I'd love to see an embarrasing Mike-Wallace-esque intervention rather than having this jerk quietly disappear.

0 comments: